Sunday, December 13, 2009

First Snow of the Season

One of the things I like best about the D.C. area is that it rarely snows. But I have to admit, as much as I don't like being out in the elements, I loved how much fun Evan got to have building his first snowman of the season.

We didn't have a whole lot of snow, so we (as in Bryan) had to import some from the side of the house.


He is a little Picasso with the snowman kit his Aunt Sandy gave him for Christmas last year. He loved rearranging the features.

And if the still pictures aren't enough, here is some video.



We built a snowman in almost the exact same spot in our yard in March. I can't believe how much he has changed in nine months.



And then that snowman we built in March melted...


There are still a few piles of snow in our front yard from this month's snowman, but he isn't going to be around for much longer.

3 comments:

jfm said...

Looks like fun...but glad it's in your yard not mine!!

jfm said...

Sending this comment Sat a.m. (12-19) Bet you don't need to "import" snow now!!

Mindy said...

You're right, Janice! Now we're going to export snow. My parents were supposed to come in today. I'm beginning to think that they're going to have the same experience you had last Christmas! Darn it. I'm going to try to post some pictures soon. We had 17 inches last time I measured.