Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sunshine, Glorious Sunshine

We made it to California and I couldn't be happier with how well my little guy did traveling. It is nice and sunny and warm and Evan is eating up every minute of this weather.
















The only problem is that Evan won't sleep--just too much to think about I guess. I tried to be angry with him last night...or should I say this morning...from 1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. when he refused to sleep. He spent at least 45 minutes singing the Star Spangled Banner. When I told him to go back to sleep, he looked at me and said, "I'm just singing." Yes, honey, I know. The biggest threat I could think of was that if he didn't go back to bed he couldn't have a bath today. It sounds ridiculous, but he loves the bathtub in the condo and spent a good three hours in it yesterday. He wouldn't go back to bed, so all day I've sounded like the bath Nazi--"Nope, I told you, no bath for you today." Let's hope he stays fairly clean.

He is napping now and I sure hope the kid will sleep through the night tonight. I need the rest! He is the best little traveler otherwise and I am very proud of how well he is doing. I think he is holding up better than Bryan would have under the circumstances. Just kidding. A little.


1 comment:

jfm said...

Cute pics! You guys deserve a little sunshine after the December you just endured...maybe Evan just wants to make sure he enjoys "every" minute of it ;)