Monday, May 5, 2008

Visiting Great Grandma

They start them young--those grandmas. From the day Evan was born he has been spoiled by not one, not two, but three grandmas! His Great Grandma Dorthy, who we call Granny, lives the closest to us, which means we get to see her the most often. We met Granny and Aunt Nanci for dinner on Saturday and it is no wonder that Evan loves visiting with Granny. Not only did she share her chocolate malt (which I think she ordered just for Evan) and her french fries, but she also played cars with Evan. At one point Granny stopped playing in order to engage in some adult conversation and Evan quickly reached over and put her hand back on top of the car. Granny played along and I think they both had a great time.


At the end of lunch Granny and Nanci said goodbye to Miss Ashley, who is leaving us on Saturday. We have had a wonderful year with Ashley as our nanny and we're all going to miss her terribly. I have a few more days before I have to say goodbye, but I already know I am going to cry.


No comments: