Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Evan's First Skating Lesson

I took Evan for his first ice skating lesson yesterday. I was afraid it might scare him away a bit since skating is harder than it looks, but I think it has made him love it even more. He is still too young for the group classes, so we are doing a few private lessons with him. His teacher is so sweet. And, she even prefers to work with the child without the parent. So that gives me 30 minutes to sit on the sideline and watch. Of course, I didn't discover this until after I had paid my $11 ice and skate rental fee yesterday.
They have large signs posted that say "No Flash Photography," but I'm sure that doesn't apply to moms whose sons are taking their first lesson, right? Plus, any skater worth his or her salt should be able to skate right through a few flashbulbs going off.

I was trying to stay out of sight so I wouldn't distract Evan, but I failed miserably. I was pretty far away (hence how tiny Evan looks), but Evan still spotted me. At the end of this video he starts signing mom.




Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
This is the final video just as his lesson is ending.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

No comments: