Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Trip to the Farm

Since we live in the city and all, we decided to take Evan on a nice little drive out to a farm a while ago. As Evan was looking at the animals it hit me just how different his childhood will be from mine. I was no stranger to farm animals and in fact was scared to death of the chickens on my grandpa's ranch. I can still picture all the chickens crowding into the back of the chicken coop when my mom would go in and gather eggs--shudder. Evan didn't seem to share my fear. 

I know it is a little wrong that whenever I see sheep all I can think about is having leg of lamb for dinner. 

They should be worried. Very worried. At this point I was also thinking of the rice pilaf I would fix to go along with the lamb. Evan just thought they were soft. 

My two boys. The cutest guys in the whole world. 

If you live in Virginia and haven't been to Frying Pan Farm, you should check it out! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you...lamb...yummy!