Saturday, February 20, 2010

Expanding Evan's Vocabulary

Today I repeatedly told Evan to get his socks and shoes on so we could go to the store, but he kept playing with his toys. I asked him if he was ignoring me. He stopped playing, looked at me and asked, "What does ignoring mean?"

"It means you hear me but you aren't paying attention to me," I said.

"Oh. Yes--then I'm ignoring you."

On the bright side, he learned a new word AND used it in a sentence.

On the downside, he kept ignoring me and landed himself in a time out. After his two minutes of sitting in front of the fridge were over I told him he needed to apologize to me for not listening.

He gave in and reluctantly said, "I'm sorry for not listening to you." Then he added, "Buuuuuuut, I don't want to go to the store."

However, he did head to the front door and put on his shoes and socks. Poor little guy. I know being two can't be easy, but I wish he wouldn't exert so much will sometimes.

2 comments:

TheWallinFamily said...

Two is such a hard age, which Avery is quickly reminding me. Let us know next time you're in town. Tyson will cook you a pizza.

kendra said...

Hahah! That's hilarious!