Friday, April 10, 2009

Color, Color Everywhere

I am not a neat freak. I never have been. I never will be. I believe a messy house is a sign that life is being lived and I think kids need to get dirty, dig in and have fun. That being said, coloring Easter eggs with Evan today definitely made my blood pressure rise. 

That Paas Easter Egg Dye was everywhere. I mean, how could it not be when Evan was moving eggs from color to color with his hands. Hands that he dunked deep into each mug, making colored vinegar water splash every which way. 


I cringed. I shuddered. I tried to reason with Evan. "Okay...gentle...slow down...use a spoon...let mommy help you...

It was pointless. He was so excited he couldn't help himself. I mean, these eggs were going in white and coming out a color! Have you ever seen such a thing? I finally gave up, backed off and let him have his fun. Dad stepped in and gave him a hand. 


Evan always helps me cook, so his first reaction when he sees and egg is that we need to break it open. Between that and the tossing of the eggs into the dyes, most of our Easter eggs look like this: 
Yum! But my little guy got the biggest kick out of the whole thing, so it is all well worth it! I can't help but think of how lucky I am to have Evan and to be able to share all of the excitement of Easter with him. Even if our hands are stained blue and our eggs are broken. 

2 comments:

Maquel said...

You are so cute mom! I debated about doing Easter eggs this year with Stockton but decided the mess wasn't worth it. Seeing your pictures, though, is making me think otherwise.

jfm said...

Hailee got to do Easter Eggs at Grandmas...I've forgotten how fun they can be. She gave them a good clunk on the table and then wanted to but them in cups that were already full!! Great fun.