Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Bliss

If you don't already know, I am a carb junkie. You could pretty much mix anything with some flour, sugar and butter and I would eat it. I've been doing quite a bit of baking lately of my tried-and-true favorites, so I thought I'd share another recipe. These are just basic peanut butter cookies, but they are easy and they are so good when they are warm. So...here you go...

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup peanut butter (I like the chunky)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream shortening, peanut butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in dry ingredients. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten with a fork (I use a potato masher). Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: