Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Help!

I need some advice...I am preparing Christmas gifts for Evan's preschool teachers (four teachers, the school's director and the administrative assistant). I planned to deliver a jar of homemade jam and scone mix. I've seen the scone mix at the grocery store before and thought the box was pretty. So, I bought gift bags, attached ornaments, put a jar of jam in each bag and then went to the store today to get the scone mix. No scone mix. I ended up buying muffin mix, but it was only $1.50 a box. I thought about going with pancake mix (you can put jam on pancakes, right?), but the box is too big for the bags I have.

My question is--does it look funny to put a box of muffin mix and the jam in the gift bag? When I ask Bryan if it looks stupid he just starts singing, "Do you know the muffin man?" Needless to say, I've given up getting his input. What do you think? This is my first year doing teacher gifts. I don't want to show up looking like an idiot! I wish we had a Lehi Roller Mills here. That was one of my favorite gifts when I lived in Utah. What have been some of your best teacher gifts?

3 comments:

Becca said...

I think it's fine. Looks good to me

jfm said...

They look cute to me! And homemade jam will go on anything.

Maquel said...

I think that's a perfect gift! High school teachers don't get too many Christmas presents, but when I was teaching I got some muffin mix from Great Harvest from one of my students. I loved it! I'm sure I would have loved it more with some homemade jam. ;)