Monday, December 1, 2008

Hock! Hock!

In the past month, Evan has fallen in love with hockey. He still likes his football, but when I turn football on, he'll look at me and say hock until I change the channel. Who knew we had a NFL and a NHL channel? I had no idea.


Evan's hockey fascination has been bolstered by the fact that we can go and watch the Washington Capitals (a NHL team) practice. They are a great team and I actually went into labor at a Capitals game back on March 3, 2007.

Evan and I have been regulars at the practices lately and the Caps are probably starting to get a little worried that they might have a stalker. This morning when I asked Evan if he wanted to go and watch hockey, he said, "Yeah." Then he checked me into the boards. We're going to have to work on that.

Evan takes his little stick and holds it up for the players to see when they skate by. So far, no one has so much as smiled at Evan (or me, but I don't think I really count--Bryan has reminded me on more than one occasion that I am YEARS older than all the players who are earning more than we ever will).


I love taking Evan and I think I'm going to have to learn a little more about the rules! I'm also going to have to get a little more used to the gross things boys do, considering today I watched a player blow his nose in his hand and wipe it on the ice. Why do boys do things like that???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you guys could come here for the CHL hockey games. My sister's fiance drives the Zamboni so he would have the "behind the scenes" advantage and get closer to everything. - Christina