Monday, June 23, 2008

My $5 Find

I took Evan out for a walk this weekend and we walked past a yard sale a few streets over. I don't think I've ever actually bought anything at a yard sale, but as we were walking by, I noticed a red and yellow car with a $5 sign on it. It looked like something Evan would like, so I bought it. Well, I put it on hold, since I didn't actually have any money with me. After getting some cash from Bryan, we had the car and Evan couldn't have been happier. (Although I think Bryan was wondering what possessed me to stop at a yard sale while out on a morning walk--he was convinced once he saw how much Evan loved the car).

He played in it outside for HOURS. As the sun was going down, the mosquitos started feasting on Evan, so we had to move inside. Evan insisted we bring the car with us. So, what was an outdoor toy has become an indoor toy, which meant we had to run it through the "car wash."
We got it all cleaned up (Evan accidentally washed his own mouth out with soap when he chewed on the sponge) and it is as good as new. I'm quite pleased with my $5 find!

1 comment:

TheWallinFamily said...

Wow, you got a great deal!