Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saying Goodbye


My mom was with us all last week watching Evan. She left on Saturday, and I had a hard time letting her go. Some days when I leave for work, Evan will grab on to my neck and cry and won't let me put him down. That is what I wanted to do to my mom, but since I know how much it breaks my heart when Evan does that to me, I tried to contain myself. I shed a few tears and gave her a big hug. Most days I wish Utah and Virginia were closer together. Darn geography. Evan had a wonderful week and loved being with his grandma. He didn't even seem to care when I left for work each day. He would just wave and blow me a kiss. I can't blame him though--grandma was making sure he had a lot of fun. They baked cookies, went swimming, read books and played all day. The week was filled with fun and lots of love. My mom did a wonderful job taking care of Evan and took great care of Bryan and me, too. So well, in fact, that I offered her a full-time job, but she declined. It seems my dad needs her to help take care of him, too. She is definitely in demand!

2 comments:

Maquel said...

Hi Mindy and Bryan! You don't know me too well but I'm Clark Evans' wife. I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment on your blog. Clark and I are trying to keep better tabs on all his H.S. friends so we googled your names and found you. Looks like you're doing well. Evan is getting so big. I loved the pictures of his first haircut. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Hahah! I bet she just told him "you can stop crying now, your mom is gone." Worked on me. :)

-Kendra