Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home. Home.

Evan has turned into a homebody. I am a little worried that our three-week trip to Utah made him paranoid that we're going to leave and not come home for a few weeks. When we get him dressed to leave the house, he repeats the word "home" over and over. On Saturday upon returning from a morning out, he RAN into the living room saying "home, home, home." The poor guy was so relieved.

Today I decided we needed to go somewhere since we literally have not gone outside for two days. A restaurant in town has morning concerts followed by a free child's lunch with the purchase of an adult entree. I decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun, but partway during lunch, Evan got up from the table, grabbed my hand and said, "Go home. Home. Go home." So, we went home--where we stayed the rest of the day.

I reminded Evan today that he has school tomorrow. His response? "No. Home."

Each night before bed Bryan, Evan and I tell each other what our favorite part of the day was. Bryan and I tell detailed stories...hockey practice, playing a game, being silly...but lately Evan says, "Ummm....home." He is definitely loving being home.

Unfortunately, we have a trip coming up. We're leaving on Saturday for four nights in Nashville for a conference I'm covering. I'm scared it is going to put this kid over the edge. We might never get him out of the house again once we come home.

No comments: