Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Germs Are Winning

My cold has morphed into a sinus infection and the bad news is the germs are winning! I had to call in reinforcements, so hopefully my amoxicillin will start taking over soon. I took Evan with me to the doctor and cringed when he wanted to play with the toys in the waiting room. We had a full bag of toys that were only contaminated with the germs I am packing around (and at least I know I wash my hands throughout the day). Evan was deep into play with one of Annandale Family Medicine's worn out toys when it was finally my turn. I tried to make him part with it, but I really wasn't up for a fight--pick your battles, right? As much as I hated to do it, I asked if we could take the toy with us. Oh, the germs that must be living on that thing. When we got into the back, I washed Evan's hands in the doctor's sink. I doubt it did much good since he went straight back to his play, but I figured it probably didn't hurt. I really need to start packing hand sanitizer around with me! Hopefully Evan's immune system is strong enough to ward off anything he may have come in contact with at the doctor's office!

No comments: