Monday, July 21, 2008

Slurping Spit

Evan has learned how to slurp spit. At least that is what Bryan calls it--the "technique" that involves gathering a ball of spit at your lips, then letting it drip down a few inches before sucking it back up. I have known that at some point, Evan would come home from school doing this, trying to see how far down he could dangle his spit before slurping it back into his mouth. But, I figured he'd be six or seven--not 16 months. He must be advanced for his age because yesterday we were playing with him and he did it--letting the spit drop in a small string with a teardrop shape glob at the bottom then sucking it back in.

Bryan and I looked at each other with wide eyes. "Did he just..." It could be a fluke, right? He probably didn't even know what he did. But he did it two more times later in the day! I'm not sure where he learned this. It could be an innate boy trait or it could be something he picked up at daycare. Either way, I don't know if I should be proud or disgusted (I mean--he did get it clear down to his chin without it breaking)!

No comments: