Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thanks for Clarifying

Today when I picked Evan up from daycare, he was with a group of kids and was just sort of walking around. His back was to me, and I wanted to watch for a few minutes to see how he was doing and if he was interacting with the other kids. He is still adjusting to the daycare and spends a lot of time crying, so I was hoping that he would actually play with something or someone.

One of the workers walked up to me. "You're Evan's mom, right?"

"Yes, I am," I answered and then turned back and looked RIGHT AT Evan (his back was still to me).

She actually pointed at Evan and said to me, "He is the one right there, in the hat, walking around."

Ummm...yes...thank you for clarifying. I thought that was him, but I just wasn't quite sure. Now that I'm confident that one is mine, I'll go ahead and take him home. I mean, I would have hated to get all the way home with another little boy only to have to bring him back later and exchange him for the right one.

No comments: