Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Guiding Light

Over the weekend we visited Drum Point Lighthouse in Solomons Island, Maryland. It was built in the late 1800s, operated until the 1960s, I believe, and now is part of a museum. I had just watched a show on the Travel Channel on haunted lighthouses, so I was hoping for a great ghost story, but no such luck. That is probably a good thing, though, since it probably would have made me too scared to sleep.

Here is the light at the top.
The view from the deck.
And the whole family in front of the light house (that is us with Bryan's parents).

I just read about a haunted lighthouse in Scotland, Maryland, which was only about 10 miles from the Drum Point Lighthouse. Unfortunately, I didn't know that until today! I think I'm going to start trying to convince Bryan he should take me. But, I think I'll wait to tell him it is haunted since I'm sure I'd have to leave every light in the house on after a visit there. It makes Bryan crazy when I leave lights on!

No comments: