Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Will Never Live it Down

When Evan was born, I did the quick count to make sure he had 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. Each were perfect. But as I was looking down at my perfect little baby, I realized I couldn't see any nipples. Hmmm...I thought. I was upset about it, but since he is a boy, I figured he didn't really need nipples anyway. I was already worried though about him getting mean comments from other kids when he went swimming.

I don't remember how long it took--probably a few days--but eventually, the nipples appeared. I was quite relieved, and like a FOOL, I told Bryan about how worried I was that he wasn't going to have any. That was almost 18 months ago and at least twice a week, whenever Evan's shirt is off, I hear, "Boy, those nipples came in nicely, didn't they?"

I'm not quite sure WHY I ever mentioned it to Bryan. He is never going to let me live it down!

No comments: