Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vanity

I've been seeing an endodontist because my primary dentist was worried I would need a root canal to deal with some pain I've been having. I have a bridge on my front teeth because I broke them off when I was young (Note to parents: advise your children not to play games where they are blindfolded).

The bridge serves its purpose and leaves me without a gaping hole where I eventually lost one of the teeth, but cosmetically I think it could look better. The endodontist decided I didn't need a root canal, but said when I eventually replace the bridge I should have it go up higher to compensate for some gum recession. Yada, yada, yada...okay, so that would take care of the pain.

But then, he started suggesting other things I could do that would make it look better. It was music to my ears! I want to do every single thing he suggested and for no other reason than sheer vanity--I'll admit it! Getting rid of the pain I'm having would just be icing on the cake. I normally try to avoid the dentist's chair, but this got me really excited. I booked an appointment with the periodontist he recommended for next Tuesday! So, between the endodontists, periodontists and prosthodontists, it looks like I might make a few little improvements so I'm not so self conscious when I smile (of course, it all depends on how much money it all takes)!

And, speaking of vanity, I need to make an appointment to get my hair colored!

No comments: