Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Toddler Crafts

I have declared Mondays Toddler Craft Day at our house, and I hope to do a new craft with Evan each week. I called today's craft, "Where is Evan?" We made mom, dad and Evan using straws, construction paper, plastic cups and cardboard coasters, which I had taken from our table at Outback a while ago with another craft project in mind.
We cut circles out of the coasters and construction paper, decorated them each with a face and put them on the straws. Then, we cut holes in the bottom of each cup, put construction paper on the outside (we could have skipped this step, but my cups were clear), and then dropped the straw person in.
You pull down on the straw to hide the "person" inside the cup. Evan and I sang, "Where is Evan..." to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin," and, of course, repeated the song for mom and dad.


He got a kick out of it. But, he got a little frustrated at one point when he couldn't get the straw person out of the cup; however, he was holding the straw at the bottom of the cup with one hand and pulling up on the head with the other hand. I kept trying to show him to hold the cup instead, but he eventually just took each of the straw people out of the cups completely and packed them around for a little while.

It was a pretty basic project, but Evan seemed to like it. I hope I can think of something fun to do next week!

Oh--and--Bryan, Evan tattled on you for eating M&Ms. As we were putting our scraps in the garbage, Evan pulled out a Peanut Butter M&Ms wrapper. This is the video and conversation that went on for about 30 minutes. Of course, as soon as Evan sees the camera he wants to watch what I just filmed, so he is usually walking towards me...



And take two...

1 comment:

TheWallinFamily said...

Totally cute art project! I'll have to try that. I love Evan's video, too! He's so cute. I can't believe how big he's gotten.